Since I can't really show you the Christmas gifts I'm working on, here is the beginnings of Spiral legwarmers for myself. Using one skein Morjärv 2ply and one Drops' alpaca I think these will be snuggly warm. I am just a little bit worried I don't have enough of the Morjärv yarn, so I'm constantly weighting that skein to see how much I've used.
I also just finished Ella's headband from Interweave Crochet's Accessories issue. It took only one day, a very easy project. All it needs now is elastic and I can send it off to one lucky recipient. I used a size 3mm hook with Drops Muskat in a really pale pink shade.
I finally took the time to block this crochet blanket I made from a pattern in a Japanese book. It was a super simple pattern to memorize and then each new granny square was crocheted onto the previous. For a final touch, two rows of decorative edging was crocheted around the whole thing.
I think I bought the yarn at Syfestivalen ages ago. It was a giant skein of Estonian wool in a pale blueish grey 2-ply wol.
Here is the finished cowl in Malabrigo Worsted, shade Pearl. It's basically 2x2 rib but with an added purl stitch for the last 5 cm of the cowl, so that it flares out and lays flat over the shoulders.
So far I've only got one hat suggestion (thank you, Catrin!) Eventually, A better bucket will be knit in shade Olive.
Having done some research myself, I've come to the following conclusion: - Brattleboro Hat from IK Fall 2010 in Petrol, just started this one. - Spring beret or Maelstrom in Rose - Morgan to match my cowl in shade Pearl
This is what the cowl looks like when the top half is folded down.
The second triangle shawl from the Japanese pattern book was finished today. I used Kalinka linen yarn from Karin Öberg. Lovely stitch definition! It was also very interesting to see the difference in texture and style between the linen and the wool version. Strangely enough they both turned about the same size.